5 tips for planning a trip to the Iguazú Falls
1- Length of visit:
You need a minimum of 3 days and 2 nights to fully enjoy the Iguazú Falls. A visit to the falls from the Argentinian side takes a full day and from the Brazilian side it takes half a day. If you want to spend 2 days on the Argentinian side, remember to have your entry ticket stamped when you exit the park on the first day. That way you only pay half price the following day.
2- When to go:
It’s possible to visit the Falls year round, but keep the following in mind:
- There are different times of the year with a massive influx of tourism, both domestic and international: Easter, school vacations in July and the end of the year.
- Winter is very irregular, which is why you should always remember to pack a coat and a swimsuit …
3- What to see:
- The National Iguazú Park (Argentina) or Argentinian side of the Falls: Offers different trails that allow you to appreciate the Falls from different perspectives.
- The National Iguaçu Park (Brazil) or the Brazilian side of the Falls: Offers a panoramic view of the Falls.
4- What to bring:
- A valid passport. Depending on which side of the Falls the hotel is located (Brazil or Argentina) you will have to cross the border in order to get to one of the parks.
- Insect repellent.
- The Argentinian path to the Falls is quite long and therefore it is very important to wear comfortable shoes.
- On hot days it’s important to bring water and a hat to protect you from the sun.
- If you take a boat tour (Gran Aventura, Safari Náutico etc.) your clothes will get soaked. Take a change of clothes with you.
5- How to get around:
- Distances are very important. You have to organize transportation to and from the airport and to and from the hotel to the national parks. Public transport is not available frequently and you will lose valuable time. It is recommended that you arrange transfers ahead of time. Tourist packages are a great option because they include transfers, hotels and park tickets (verify that this is included).
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Y si quieres recibir información exclusiva suscríbete a la newletter (y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina” )
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.