1- Length of visit:
You need a minimum of two days and one night to fully enjoy the Perito Moreno Glacier. It is however, recommended that you add an extra day in order to see the Glacier from different perspectives.
2- When to go:
You can visit anytime of the year but we recommend you go between September and May (spring and summer) because it is less cold and there are more options for accommodations and excursions.
3- What to see:
The Perito Moreno Glacier. There are many ways to visit the Glacier: by land, sea, walking over the ice, on short treks (mini-trekking) or on more demanding expeditions (big ice).
4- What to bring:
- It is extremely cold: Pack a winter coat (it’s best if it is made specifically for snowy conditions), raincoat, gloves and a hat.
- You will walk a lot: Pack comfortable waterproof shoes in order to avoid getting wet from the snow.
- Sunglasses are needed in order to view the glaciers without harming your vision. Sunscreen is also needed to protect your skin.
- We recommend that you pack a lunch. At the entrance of the Perito Moreno footbridge there is a small bar that serves lunch and snacks but the prices are quite high. If you pack a picnic lunch you will be able to be alone for a while and enjoy the immensity of the glacier while everyone else is off at lunch.
- Camera and video camera
5- How to get around:
- Distances are very important. Hotels are located in Calafante, 56 miles from the Glacier. Therefore, it is best to contract a regular excursion which typically departs from the hotel at 9 am and returns by 5pm. The excursion includes transportation to and from the hotel, entry to the National Park and a tour through the Perito Moreno Glacier footbridges.
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Y si quieres recibir información exclusiva suscríbete a la newletter (y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina” )
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.