Whale watching season in Patagonia begins in June. We thought it would be useful to create this chart in order to illustrate existing fauna and the months in which they can be seen. This way, those thinking of traveling to this Eco-tourist paradise can plan their trip ahead of time to ensure that they will get an opportunity to see the fauna that they would like to see.
The province of Chubut has the greatest concentration of species in all of Patagonia. Puerto Madryn is the closest tourist spot from the city of Buenos Aires ( 858 miles away). It is the operative base for touring the region due to its infrastructure.
From this point you can visit:
- Península de Valdés Home to species that inspire the admiration of the world: sea elephants, seals, penguins, orcas, dolphins and more. Every year between June and December the southern right whale visits this region in order to reproduce and give birth.
- Punta Tombo is the largest Magellanic Penguin colony in the world. The birds arrive yearly to this place in order to nest, mate and give birth.
Special Offer: Fauna watching in Península de Valdés and Punta Tombo
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Suscríbete a la newletter y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina”
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.