Horseback riding in Argentina: Argentina, horses, gauchos. 3 concepts that paint a picture of this country and evoke words such as tradition, folklore, epic and homeland. It is said that the country was “created on horseback”. Just as in the days of old, this is a fantastic way to appreciate and enjoy this beautiful land.
Today, it is still possible to traverse this almost virgin land on horseback and to the rhythm of native horses. You can travel through mountains, forests, jungles, prairies and beaches.
You can also discover the secrets of the deep valleys accessible only on horseback. Whether you travel alone, with a group or with a seasoned guide, the experience is always interesting and unique. For those who do not know the area, we recommended using a local guide. There are excursions for everyone: expeditions for several days across the mountains, tours through Esteros del Iberá where you will likely see black howler moneys, cattle herding with gauchos and much, much more.
Here we give you a detailed description of a tour so that you can get an idea of what these horseback riding expeditions are like.
One example is horseback riding through the Patagonian Andes:
- The scenery is rich with dense forests full of wildlife and surrounded by imposing mountains. Glaciers, emerald colored lakes, streams and snow-capped peaks complete the scenery.
- Once you arrive, you will stay at a local ranch from where you will explore the region on horseback accompanied by gauchos for as many days as you would like (typically between 2 and 5).
- The paths chosen by the guides have gentle inclines and have a moderate level of difficulty.
- Horseback riding trips last between 5 and 7 hours.
- At night, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery while savoring the best Patagonian lamb and barbecue prepared by locals.
- These programs typically include the first night stay in a hotel and subsequent nights in a camp or cabin (all accommodations), transfers, entry to national parks, local guides and fully-equipped horses.
- A camera is a must on these amazing trips!
More information on horseback riding in Argentina
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Y si quieres recibir información exclusiva suscríbete a la newletter (y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina” )
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.