The tourist bus is a great way to get around Buenos Aires. The buses are easily recognizable. They are decorated with six designs that represent the city’s top attractions: tango, sports, books, bars, art and design.
As with tourist buses in other cities, this one follows an established route and has specific stops where passengers can get on and off as often as they would like. The entire route takes 3 hours. The buses come equipped with headphones used to listen to information in various languages. You can purchase one or two-day passes and family passes at discounted rates. Tickets can be purchased on the bus.
The tour includes 24 stops which are great tourist points in the City of Buenos Aires:
- Stop 0:
FLORIDA | Av. Pres. Roque Saenz Peña and Florida
- Stop 1:
AVENIDA DE MAYO | Av. De Mayo and Piedras
- Stop 2:
CONGRESO NACIONAL | Av. Rivadavia and Rincón
- Stop 3:
CENTRO COMERCIAL MONTSERRAT | San José between México and Venezuela
- Stop 4:
DEFENSA | Av. Belgrano and Defensa
- Stop 5:
SAN TELMO | Av. Paseo Colón between Pasaje Giuffra and Av. Independencia
- Stop 6:
USINA DE LAS IDEAS | Caffarena 50
- Stop 7:
ESTADIO BOCA JRS | Brandsen 805
- Stop 8:
BAR EL ESTAÑO 1880 | Hernandarias and Aristóbulo del Valle
- Stop 9:
CAMINITO | Av. Pedro de Mendoza between Palos and Martín Rodríguez
- Stop 10:
MADERO ESTE | Julieta Lanteri and Rosario Vera Peñaloza
- Stop 11:
PUERTO MADERO | Juana Manso and Macacha Güemes
- Stop 12:
PUERTO | Juana Manso and Cecilia Grierson
- Stop 13:
GALERÍAS | Av. Córdoba between Reconquista and San Martín
- Stop 14:
PLAZA SAN MARTÍN | Florida al 1000 between Pasaje Kavanagh and Ricardo Rojas
- Stop 15:
FLORALIS GENERICA | Av. Figueroa Alcorta 2263
- Stop 16:
ALCORTA / MALBA | Salguero and Martín Coronado
- Stop 17:
PLANETARIO | Belisario Roldan and Av. Sarmiento
- Stop 18:
ROSEDAL | Av. del LIbertador and Av. Infanta Isabel
- Stop 19:
BARRIO CHINO | Av. Juramento and 11 de septiembre
- Stop 20:
MUSEO LARRETA | Juramento between Vuelta de Obligado and Cuba
- Stop 21:
LAS CAÑITAS | Av. Federico Lacroze and Migueletes
- Stop 22:
JARDIN ZOOLÓGICO | Av. Del Libertador and Av. Sarmiento
- Stop 23:
BELLAS ARTES | Av. Del Libertador and Av. Pueyrredon
- Stop 24:
RECOLETA | Av. Quintana between Ayacucho and Junín
- Stop 25:
TEATRO COLÓN | Cerrito and Viamonte
- Stop 0:
FIN DEL RECORRIDO | Av. Pres. Roque Saenz Peña and Florida
Frequency of the Service
- The service of Buenos Aires Bus will be done in regular form, from May 2nd 2009, with schedules and fixed stops and with the system Hop On Hop Off.
- Winter: It will be initiated in the first stop at 8:40 hs; while the last exit will be at 19 hs. Summer: It will be initiated in the first stop at 9:00 hs; while the last exit will be at 17:20 hs.
- The frequency will be of 20 minutes and the total extension of the circuit of 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- In each one of the stops buses will remain few minutes to allow the ascent and descent of the passengers.
- The Buenos Aires Bus’ schedules are estimates and are dictated by traffic in the city, climatic factors and majeur force reasons that determine a delay in the usual frecuency service.
On board Services
The buses will carry on board a trilingual tourist guide as tour guide matriculated in the City of Buenos Aires who will bring the following services:
- Receive the passengers.
- Sell and/or control the tickets.
- Deliver the descriptive printed materials of the service with the most important attractions in the maps of each stop.
- Transmit to the passengers tourist information of the attractions close to each one of the stops.
- Transmit to the passengers tourist information of the City according to their needs and restlessness.
- Orient the passengers on visits to tourist places of the City of Buenos Aires.
2- AUTOMATED SERVICES
The buses contain a tourist information broadcast automated system by means of circuits of audio with images and that will be diffused synchronized with the route through of the bus.
The passengers will accede to the circuit by headphones available on board, selecting the language of its preference.
The available languages for the information will be the following:
- Chinese Mandarin
There will be two options of ticket: a ticket by 1(one) day and a ticket by 2(two) days, to be purchased at the following places:
Aboard the vehicles
- Centro de Información de Turística del GCABA Stop 0: Florida and Diagonal Norte Stop 23: Recoleta – Av. Quintana between Ayacucho and Junín.
- Shopping Paseo Alcorta Stop 15: Salguero and Martín Coronado
On-Line, through: http://www.buenosairesbus.com/en/
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Y si quieres recibir información exclusiva suscríbete a la newletter (y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina” )
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.