We continue organizing the blog articles by region, so that it is easier for you to navigate, research and plan a trip to Argentina. Today we focus on the Cuyo region which is located in the central west part of the country and includes La Rioja, Mendoza, San Juan and San Luis provinces.
Main attractions of the Cuyo region:
- Mendoza wine route: A large number of wineries open their doors to tourists. The vineyards grow in an amazing desert land, transformed by irrigation canals and reservoirs. The infrastructure of the region is highly developed for wine tourists. Here you will find all types of tours through the wine routes.
- Adventure Tourism:
- In Mendoza, where the Andean mountains reach an elevation of almost 23,000 feet, you will find Cerro Aconcagua – the highest peak in the Americas and a mecca for mountain climbers and hikers from around the world.
- Rafting has become a must-do activity for adventure seekers visiting Mendoza. Rafting can be done all year long and depending on the time of year, you can experience Class I, II or III rapids. This also depends on where you begin your journey on the river as the rapids vary depending on their location. The biggest rafting area is in Ríos Mendoza and Atuel. Potrerillos is the epicenter of water activities for Río Mendoza, as San Rafael is for Río Atuel.
- Nature Tourism: In La Rioja and San Juan provinces you will find Talampaya e Ischigualasto and Valle de la Luna. Both form part of a geological basin that emerged from the depths of the earth 70 million years ago.
Talampaya is a semi-arid red desert full of important fossils and geological formations from the Triassic period. The majesty of the panorama increases as you continue through the area, especially because the walls create figures in various forms: The Wise Man, The Chess Tower, The Pitchfork and The Manger.
Ischigualasto is one of the main tourist attractions of San Juan. The rocks sculpted by nature are one of the main reasons to visit, as well as the orange sunsets and the reddish shades of the rocks. There are tourist packages to both parks that are ideal for nature lovers.
CLICK here to find out more
If you would like to receive exclusive information, subscribe to our newsletter and download the FREE “Guide to Argentina”
- Once you are subscribed to our newsletter you will have immediate access to our “Tourist Destinations in Argentina” guide with information regarding the different regions, main attractions and activities. In only 34 pages you will have a clear panorama of what you can see and do in Argentina.
- You will receive a monthly newsletter with discounts and exclusive content.
CADA PERSONA ES DIFERENTE
AVERIGUA CON UN CLICK COMO NOS ADAPTAMOS A CADA VIAJERO
Y si quieres recibir información exclusiva suscríbete a la newletter (y descarga GRATIS la “Guía de Argentina” )
- Si te das de alta a la newsletter, tendrás acceso inmediato a nuestra guía “Destinos turísticos en Argentina” con información sobre las distintas regiones, los principales atractivos que del pais y qué se actividades puedes realizar. En sólo 34 páginas tendrás un panorama claro de lo que puedes ver y hacer en Argentina.
- Mensualmente recibirás nuestra newsletter con descuentos y contenidos exclusivos.